OSHA HAZWOPER 24-Hour Course
HAZWOPER 24 Hour is required for employees visiting an Uncontrolled Hazardous Waste Operation mandated by the Government.
This course covers broad issues pertaining to the hazard recognition at work sites. OSHA has developed the HAZWOPER program to protect the workers working at hazardous sites and devised extensive regulations to ensure their safety and health. This course, while identifying different types of hazards, also suggests possible precautions and protective measures to reduce or eliminate hazards at the work place.
Course Tuition: $199
Print Certificate Online Upon Completion
- Understand the purpose of OSHA and its role in regulating occupational safety
- Use Site Characterization to establish problems that may exist in your workplace and measures that can be implemented to eliminate hazards
- Identify hazardous materials existent in the workplace and the possible methods, symptoms and preventative measures of exposure
- Encourage the use of Material Safety Data sheets (MSDS) to identify and properly handle hazardous materials
- Familiarize yourself with materials, compounds and mixtures that may present flammable, explosive, chemical or radiological hazards
- Emphasize the importance of personal protective equipment in limiting hazardous exposure
- Establish an effective Site Control Program to limit the risk of exposure to only those working in the hazardous work zone
- Implement procedures for treating workers in the event of hazardous exposure
Seat Time: This course has been accepted for 24 hours.
Course Pre-Requisite: None
Testing: All module quizzes require a score of 70 to proceed forward in the course. The final exam also requires a minimum score of 70 to receive a certificate of completion. The final exam may be taken three times if necessary. Upon successful completion of course you will be able to print your certificate.
Note: Workers must have 24 hours of initial training and one day of supervised field experience before they are allowed to enter the site. **The online course meets the standard requirement of 24hrs of initial training. The one day field experience under a trained, experienced supervisor is the responsibility of the student's employer or potential employer.
OSHA 10 Hour General Industry Course
OSHA 30 Hour General Industry
OSHA 30 Hour Construction Industry
HAZWOPER 8 Hour
Online and Self-Paced
All of our OSHA Safety Training courses are done online
and are completely self-paced